I love my gemstones because…
- They are beautiful.
- Natural gemstones are from the Earth.
- They have energy.
From ancient times, gemstones and crystals were believed to hold energy. Romans used crystals to heal themselves, to protect themselves in battle, and to attract love and wealth. Ancient Egyptians, such as Cleopatra, used gemstones for their anti-aging benefits and sex appeal.
Gemstones are said to absorb energy from their surroundings and all who touch them. It’s important to regularly clear them of negative energy. Cleansing and recharging helps your gems and crystals retain their ability to enhance your life.
When you purchase a gemstone or a piece of gemstone jewelry, your can cleanse it to remove negative energy and the energies of everyone who came in contact with it, from the miner to the sales person. This can be achieved in several ways. Here are just a few.
- Put your gems under running well water (not city water) or in the running water of a non-polluted creek for several hours.
- Wrap them in soft natural fabric and bury them in the earth for 24 hours.
- Hold them in the smoke of smoldering white sage leaves for a few minutes. (smudging)
- Lay them in the light of the sun and moon for 24 – 48 hours. Check to be sure that your gems will not fade in the sun.
Once your gemstones are cleansed, you can re-energize them by laying them in the light of the full moon or the sun. I prefer the full moon since gemstones such as amethyst and aquamarine can fade in strong sunlight. It’s best to place your stones outside on the ground or a natural surface. If that’s not possible, a windowsill will be fine.
Keeping your gems energized
If you are the only one handling your stones, you won’t have to cleanse them often. But, it’s important to re-energize your stones regularly. Since I use full moon light, I mark the phases of the moon on my calendar so I don’t miss it.
The Home of Vibrational Healing
Ashley Neese: Full Moon Cleanse